Last, but by no means least, of the films covering the cities Wet Paint Productions covered for Channel 4’s Street Summer season is Birmingham. This was a weird one as Lucy, the winning entrant, was unable to take part as she was busy bouncing around Europe and couldn’t make it back in time so it was left to mentor Ventsa of Four Pence Collective to recreate her design as he explains here. On this film Ventsa also touches upon the graffiti versus street art argument and what is art and what is vandalism? A subject which Graffiti Wars – a film commissioned as part of the Street Summer season about the fued between King Robbo and Banksy – tried to tackle. Ironically this competition sparked similar arguments that played out across several forums, chat rooms and websites. Massive thanks to Ventsa and all of the artists for their help and support on this project. For more information on Street Summer and it’s offerings hit HERE.
Posts Tagged ‘ventsa’
- Winning entrants will be paid £300 for the use of their artwork
- Winners will have their designs displayed on a premium outdoor space for two weeks in their area during August
- Winners will get the opportunity to work with an established street artist from their region of the UK
- Winners’ work will feature on the Don’t panic Poster and on postcards which will be distributed across the UK in Don’t Panic Packs
- Winners will be featured in a short film about their work
The regions and the artists representing those areas are:
- London – Ser
- South East – Req
- South West – Cheba
- Midlands & East – Ventsa
- Wales – Rmer
- North – Faunagraphic
- Scotland – Smug
So, Channel 4 are calling for all emerging street artists, writers and vandals out there, to join their Street Summer competition.
For more information on how to enter and win, click this link: http://www.dontpaniconline.com/street_summer/
Wet Paint Productions want to wish you all the best of luck. Next post on this site will feature Req’s video who represents the South East out of our home town Brighton. So hope to see some of your work going up soon down here!
Follow us on Twitter @WetPaintUK and Like us on our new facebook page to keep up to date with Wet Paint Productions and competition news.